Nuclear Reactor Engineer - PERM
Company: GSE Solutions
Posted on: August 1, 2022
GSE Absolute is working with a major large utility client based
in the Southeast who are looking to hire a Nuclear Reactor Engineer
on a full-time permanent basis located in Columbia, AL starting
Why work for this utility?
- No. 2 Best Large Employer in America in Forbes magazine's 2022
- Annual bonus of 12.5% (achieved for the last 20 years)
- Pension plan - 5.5% of annual salary, company paid
- Signing bonus
- Hybrid work schedule - work four 10's; 2 days/week on site, 2
- 401K - vested immediately, company match of 85% on 6%
- Strong medical, dental, vision plans and PTO
- Excellent relocation plan
- Big advocate of promoting from within
- Compensation $112-120K
- Travel: Up to 25% of the Time
Summary:This position is assigned to the Site Engineering
Department and reports to the Farley Reactor Engineering
Supervisor. The Reactor Engineer will be responsible for performing
various activities necessary to support operation of the next
generation power station. This position will require engagement in
the following: reactor core monitoring, power maneuvers, special
nuclear material (SNM) accountability and monitoring, fuel movement
and inspection, technical specification surveillances, and computer
hardware and software support for core analysis and monitoring.
Conduct of these activities will ensure safe, reliable, and
efficient plant operations for Plant Farley.
- Candidates are required to hold a Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
or a PE license.
- A Nuclear Engineering degree is strongly preferred.
- An advanced degree and/or PE license is a plus.
- Previous qualification as a reactor engineer at an operating
facility is required.
- Previous nuclear power plant experience.
- Experience with Westinghouse methods is desired.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills, as
well as interpersonal skills, are required to relate precise
technical recommendations, issues, etc. with the corporate office,
at the nuclear plant sites, with regulatory agencies, with the
nuclear fuel vendor, with other utility personnel, and with various
- Effective engagement and efficient support of plant departments
in troubleshooting and problem resolution activities.
- Knowledge of nuclear and thermal-hydraulic engineering analyses
to perform state-of-the-art nuclear engineering calculations.
- Knowledge of nuclear fuel-related UFSAR and Technical
Specifications as well as site procedures to perform fuel-related
- Knowledge of industry experience in the operation of nuclear
fuel including issues and trends with new fuel designs, core
designs, fuel cycle designs, and operating strategies.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable to established
policies and procedures.
- Proven organizational skills with ability to balance multiple
- Working knowledge of common computer tools, including MS Word
- Reactor Engineering supports plant operations 24 hours a day, 7
days a week. Reactor Engineers can expect to be on call one week
out of every five in support of plant operations.
- Periodic shift work will be occasionally required in support of
- Serve in the Emergency Response Organization as a Reactor
Engineer in Technical Support Center.
- Must be able to complete Reactor Engineer qualification.
- Develop and implement Reactor Engineering procedures and
processes necessary to support operation.
- Perform technical specification surveillances and testing to
monitor operation of the reactor core.
- Develop reactivity plans in support of plant operations.
- Operate and maintain core monitoring software.
- Implement Special Nuclear Material control program.
- Ensure storage of nuclear fuel meets regulatory
- Perform inspections of nuclear fuel.
- Support the Reactivity Management program.
Keywords: GSE Solutions, Albany , Nuclear Reactor Engineer - PERM, Engineering , Columbia, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!