Engineering Technician - Construction (High-Voltage)
Company: SJS Executives, LLC
Posted on: December 4, 2018
Location: US-GA-AlbanyJob ID: 2# of Openings: 1Category: ConstructionPhone Number: Phone Extension: 108Overview
SJS Executives is searching for a engineering technician. Our ideal candidate will have extensive technical and practical knowledge, and experience as an Engineering Technician. The candidate will also have a sound understanding of engineering concepts, principles and practices applicable to civil, mechanical, electrical, and/or environmental engineering concerned with the design, layout, and supervision of construction operations.
- Coordinating lay-down area and storage areas as required
- Coordinate support to review and witness successful testing and commissioning/certification of critical systems (ie. mechanical-HVAC/TABS/DALTS/DDC, electrical-Pad Mounted Transformers/High-Voltage Systems/Switchgear/Automatic Transfer Switches/Frequency Converters, fire and life safety/fire protection systems, roofing systems, and underwater structures).
- Assure quality workmanship in accordance with specifications and industry standards on concrete/masonry/stucco/structural steel/bolting/welding and other building materials/structural systems as require
- Maintaining extensive, daily contact with key contractor representatives to promote an atmosphere of partnering and cooperation and to quickly resolve problems and maintain construction schedule\
- Coordinating temporary utility and communication hook-ups for contractor
- Coordinating utility outages and road closures
- Coordinating excavation, hot work, burn and other construction-related permits as required
- Acting as main point of contact for daily Supported Command interface/coordination in the field
- Supporting collateral equipment installation and phone/data/communication connections
- Assisting with coordination of warranty work if requested by facility owner/occupant
- Assisting with investigation of potential latent defects
- Installing cores, key facility and turnover keys to owner/occupant
- Coordinating facility system training for owner/occupants/PW shops personnel
- For both design-bid-build and design-build projects, reviewing pre-final contract drawings and specifications (including technical RFPs) and performing on-site visits to review constructability and compatibility with actual field conditions. During design development and constructability review, provide technical knowledge of local conditions including availability of construction materials and skilled labor. For problems found, make solution recommendations for designer consideration.
- Actively participate in partnering sessions depending on the nature and scope of the construction contract. Facilitate effective relationships and processes between contractors, Supported Command, and Government team members
- Attending and assisting with issues discussed during the post-award kickoff meeting (as applicable) and pre-construction conference, as well as all other mandatory meetings
- Supporting the review/approval of all government approved technical and administrative submittals including but not limited to the schedule of prices, contractor's baseline critical path schedule, accident prevention plan, activity hazard analyses, safety and health plan, quality control plan, test plans/reports, performance verification tests of major systems, etc.
- Investigating engineering problems that may arise on construction contracts, such as unforeseen conditions, contractor requests for information (RFIs), and dimension conflicts. Make recommendations for solutions to the CM
- Assisting in coordinating the delivery, storage, and use of government furnished equipment
- Supporting preliminary scheduling meeting and review 3-week look ahead schedules. Review updates of the baseline schedule with the CM to determine if contractor is ahead, on or behind. Review the critical activities to ensure the work on the construction contract remains focused on completion in the most reasonable time. Participate in the bi-weekly look-ahead meetings with the contractor to review project scheduling problems or concerns
- Reviewing contractor invoices for accuracy against actual work-in-place. Recommend approval/disapproval/partial payment to CM
- Reviewing, endorsing and annotating as required contractor daily reports
- Assuring environmental compliance by contractor and coordinate EPA jobsite visits when required
- Reviewing and verifying the accuracy of as-built drawings on at least a monthly basis
- When applicable, coordinating with CM and issue non-compliance notice to contractor
- Supporting the processing of claims/disputes/protests/termination actions as required
- Supporting the commissioning and NAVFAC Red Zone processes.
- Arranging and coordinating pre-final and final acceptance inspections
- Tracking completion of punch list items
- Supporting the close-out process including delivery of as-built drawings, warranties, O&M manuals, and spare parts turnover
- Participating, as requested, in FEC-sponsored Construction Assist Visits (CAV's)
- Guiding contractors on pre-award site visits
- Assisting in the facilitation and coordination of access passes/badges for contractor personnel, vehicles, and equipment including secured area
- Supporting CM and CS team in the modification process including assistance with Government estimates/proposal reviews and negotiations. Provide "field" level evaluation of contractor's proposal for constructability, hidden costs, alternative methods, etc.
- Ensure safety information, labor law information and all other required administrative information is properly posted at the jobsite
- Support issuance/lifting of work suspensions
- Ensuring official contractor correspondence and submittals are included in the contract file
- Support preparation of contractor performance evaluation in CPARS
- When requested, provide and update necessary data for corporate reporting systems such as i.e. Facman (interoperable enterprise Facilities Management system). Use information technology (IT) tools effectively in performance of duties as set forth in applicable BMS sections
- In conjunction with the CM, review Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs) and ensure these are discussed by the prime contractor and their respective subcontractors prior to beginning each work activity or when a new work crew is to perform the work in accordance with the three phases of QC
- In conjunction with the CM, review and provide recommendations towards acceptance of Accident Prevention Plan and actively enforce compliance by the contractor
- In conjunction with the CM, review and provide recommendations towards acceptance of Crane Critical Lift Plans along with crane operation qualifications and certificate of compliance. Incumbent must be familiar with crane safety requirements and NAVFAC P-307 (Management of Weight Handling equipment). Observe critical lifts.
- Securing/coordinating road and utility outages
- Ensure contractor conducts weekly tool box safety meetings and attend on a periodic basis to ensure effectiveness
- Ensure contractor is conducting monthly site safety self-evaluations and submitting the information with the pay vouchers/invoices; Perform worksite safety assessments
- Taking appropriate, timely action to ensure contractor compliance of safety and health requirements, including leading safety stand-downs as required and recommending dismissal of key contractor staff due to non-performance or recurring violations
- Coordinate OSHA jobsite visits
- Support reporting of contractor significant incidences/near misses, mishap investigations and the preparation of the report
- Provide overall coordination of the construction quality management program for assigned projects. Maintain working knowledge of the requirements set forth in NAVFAC BMS as it pertains to Construction Quality Management.
- In conjunction with the CM, review and provide recommendations towards approval of contractor quality control plan
- Attend coordination and mutual understanding meeting, selected quality control, preparatory and initial meetings, and monitor three-phase checklists for accuracy and thoroughness
- Take/file/distribute progress photos
- When allowed in the contract, verify quantity, condition, security, and insurance for payment of approved materials and equipment not stored on jobsite/Government property
- Validate quantity, condition, and approval of materials on site prior to invoice payments
- Ensure contractor certifies as required boilers and other pressure vessels, vertical transport systems, and crane systems
- Attend/witness selected tests and review all applicable test reports and results
- U.S Citizen - proof of Citizenship requried
- Valid State Driver's License
- Ability to gain base access
- Must drive Personally Operated Vehicle (POV) between construction sites
Keywords: SJS Executives, LLC, Albany , Engineering Technician - Construction (High-Voltage), Engineering , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!