Posted on: March 27, 2020
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Have you heard? Georgia-Pacific is opening a new state-of-the art
lumber mill in Albany, Georgia, with an anticipated start date of
late 2019. Once in operation, this location will produce
approximately 350 million board-feet of lumber a year with plans to
expand beyond that in the future! This is an exciting opportunity
to work in a technologically advanced facility in a world class
Market Based Management culture.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the operating
performance of the sawmill, kilns, and planer at the site including
compliance, environmental, health and safety, operations, and plant
culture. The reporting structure could be modified, changed, or
added depending on skills.
This position will be assigned to the Albany, GA facility with the
intent of transitioning into a Plant Manager position at one of
GP's Lumber Manufacturing facilities. The transition time frame
will be based on demonstrated application of skills and knowledge.
The Lumber facilities are located in a number of states, including
Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Oregon, South Carolina, Louisiana,
Texas, and Mississippi.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Develop, build and maintain relationships with support resources to
ensure compliance with safety, regulatory, human resources, and
other policies and procedures.
- Develop and execute profit driven site plan that leverage
capabilities and maximize division value.
- Develop and implement operating systems and work processes
consistent with management philosophy and framework.
- Coordinate with support functions (EH&S, HR, Accounting)
and commercial personnel to assure plans and resource deployment
are aligned with business objectives.
- Implement continuous improvement strategies that yield
- Coach, develop, and mentor staff through effective use of
continuous feedback and open communication and ensure that all
direct reports are properly trained in their necessary duties and
suggest training to improve required job skills.
- Conduct annual performance reviews with direct reports and in
partnership with Human Resources, address poor performance with
progressive discipline and performance improvement plans when
What You Will Need:Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Five (5) or more years of managerial leadership experience in a
lumber manufacturing facility (i.e. Production Manager, Operations
Manager, Plant Superintendent, or similar role)
- Previous experience developing production goals
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications (i.e. Excel,
Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must be willing to live / relocate to within one (1) hour drive
of the facility
What Will Put You Ahead?Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a business, science, or
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and P&L
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in a lumber manufacturing
- Equipment reliability experience
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are
conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for
additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Keywords: Georgia-Pacific, Albany , Operations Manager, Executive , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!