Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Production Manager brings the necessary characteristics to
thrive in Woodgrain culture and exemplifies the company values of
Safety, Integrity, Servant Leadership, Respect for People, and
The Production Manager works with the Operations Manager to ensure
a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment. This position
is responsible for aligning the production department with the
organization's strategic and long-range goals, and conducts
organizational reviews to identify strengths, weaknesses, &
opportunities to evaluate operational effectiveness. The manager
must be a leader foremost with the ability to encourage and
motivate others within the department to excel within their
specific job functions. Creating a team environment where everyone
contributes is the essence of this position. The Production Manager
will be responsible for all aspects of the department operation,
including safety metrics, coordinating the operation of equipment,
productivity/waste, quality, on-time delivery and employee
The Production Manager must have the ability to guide and direct
each team member to keep all staff & equipment operating as safely
and productively as possible. The Manager must foster a cohesive
and team-focused atmosphere where each member of the team is
unified throughout the production process.
The manager will be responsible for the direct management of shift
supervisors. This will require effective coordination with planning
and scheduling of the area and personnel management and
As the Manager, effective leadership skills are critical to the
success of this position. As the leader of the department, the
Manager must possess and demonstrate a positive attitude and should
lead by example. He/she must be willing to work alongside other
members of the team to encourage and strengthen them in their role.
The Manager should exhibit enthusiasm and excitement that energizes
the rest of the team and must develop trust and support from and
for others that they manage.
The Production Manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work on
a daily basis in addition to appraising performance, rewarding and
disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Champion safety. Safety is the upmost value and priority.
Maintains a healthy work environment by following and enforcing
company standards, policies, and procedures as well as those
required by state and federal law. Attend safety meetings, ensure
safety training and coaching is being completed and participate in
post-accident procedures and investigations.
- In addition to maintaining a safe work environment and a focus
on team development, a strong manufacturing background is a must.
The production manager is responsible for all equipment; specifics
regarding the exact equipment are not critical.
- Demonstrate by example Woodgrain core values of Integrity,
Safety, Servant Leadership, Respect for people, and Customer
- Ensure efficient collaboration and coordination between
- Promote an atmosphere of empowerment, creativity, interactive
participation, and self-improvement.
- Open communication with all department team members as well as
other departments. Coaching the team on how to do their jobs most
effectively. Being a team leader and leading by positive
- Determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications,
operating, or production problems.
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed
to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Establish production priorities of products for effective
operations and cost factors.
- Lead production activities for procurement, maintenance,
equipment design, and development.
- Collaborate with peer managers/departments, facilitate weekly
continuous meetings to drive results on best practices, to achieve
quality standards, on time delivery and cost control goals
- Establish production and quality standards, and cost controls
with management. Obtain and report data regarding types,
quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of product
- Tracking downtime and ways to reduce downtime.
- Maintain equipment maintenance, efficiency and safety.
- Manage, mentor, train and develop supervisory skills to fulfill
company succession needs. Provide coaching, feedback, complete
performance reviews and develop correction actions plans.
- Ensure headcount needs remain within the scope of forecasted
budgets and production needs.
- Managing relationships of outside parts/equipment suppliers and
- Establish and maintain principles on lean manufacturing, 5S and
- Provide employees with the tools and training necessary to
achieve success for the company and themselves both now and in the
- Changeovers and setup procedures and ways to improve them
- Uptime projections and ways to improve uptime
Process and Procedures
- Partner with supervisors and department peers in developing,
implementing, enforcing, and coordinating, procedures and practices
related to company policies, development of employees, operational
SOP's, safety policies and goals, OSHA compliance and performance
- Run speeds and calculation of time requirements based on run
- Scheduling and tracking equipment maintenance
- Storage and organization of supplies, equipment and tooling
On Time Delivery
- Obtain optimum production for utilization of human resources,
machines, and equipment.
- Ship on time, metrics and contingency plans.
- Manage back log effectively.
Experience And Education
- 5+ years of experience in a production manufacturing or similar
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience.
- Preferred - Degree Mechanical Engineering, Operations and
Production Management, or Business Administration.
- Preferred - Experience in Lean or Six Sigma practices and
- Strong interpersonal skills including both verbal and written
- Ability to develop leadership skills, including planning,
implementing, monitoring, and reporting; problem solving, decision
making, and negotiating.
- Ability to define and analyze problems and develop timely and
effective solutions, evaluating relevant facts to judge and form
- Mechanical knowledge/skills a plus.
- Maintain and/or gain professional and technical knowledge by
attending educational workshops; reviewing state-of-the-art
practices; participating in professional societies
- SAP experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word & Outlook
and ability to learn and instruct others on software
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Woodgrain, Albany , Production Manager, Executive , Leesburg, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!