General Manager - Albany Civic Center
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in
a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility
management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and
partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and
consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los
Angeles, California with offices throughout the world. -The General
Manager is responsible for the efficient, professional and
profitable operation of the assigned OVG360 venue. - -In addition
to managing the day to day business operations, the General Manager
solicits new sources of revenue, both on and off the venue
property. Responsible for overall management, promotion, and
operation of the facility, including construction, purchasing,
policy administration, booking, marketing, finance, food and
beverage, box office, advertising, security, production,
maintenance, and related operations for an Arena/Complex. This
position is responsible for the development, coordination and
management of all aspects and strategies for the arena's
entertainment events. - -
- Arrange for and otherwise book Events at the venue, develop and
maintain relationships with reputable promoters, local market
contacts, agents and talent affiliates to attract concerts, shows,
entertainment events, etc.
- Administration of specific plans and programs prescribed by
corporate directives, to include: HR, Sales and Marketing, quality
assurance, energy efficiency, safety/emergency procedures, crowd
control and crisis management practices, or other areas as
- Generate for client/corporate in a timely manner financial and
other reports detailing the arena activities.
- Prepare a proposed annual Operating Budget and submit such
proposed budget to client/corporate.
- Oversee day to day operations, ensuring technical and staff
resource needs for all events, oversees plans for allocating those
resources, and successfully manages their efficient
- Insure all agreements made regarding the Arena Facility are in
compliance with the contract, state and federal law.
- Provide final approval for all contracts and agreement.
- Attend conferences and trade association meetings.
- Bachelor's degree or better from an accredited college or
university in Business/Hospitality Management or related
- Minimum of five (5) years management experience in an Arena,
Convention Center, Hotel or other similar public assembly
- The ability to research, develop and maintain relationships
with artist agents, artist management as well as local, regional
and national promoters.
- Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of event solicitation and presentation,
public relations, advertising and media relations and event
planning, facility operations, budget preparation and personnel
- Ability to apply conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to express ideas clearly through both oral and written
- Superior Sales and Marketing skills
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal,
state or local laws and regulations
- Effectively work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers,
management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous
manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions quickly and
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft
office, POS systems, timekeeping systems.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced,
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing
concessions and premium services locations: geographical location,
equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest
areas, and facility access.
- Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service
Permit if required by state or local government.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation
requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service
policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to Spectra and venue
concession and premium services operations.
- Ability to calculate basic and complex math functions
(addition, subtraction, multiplication, division,
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of
integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.At OVG, we
understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and
live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do
it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens
our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our
success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and
celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve,
and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from
all different backgrounds.We are committed to ensuring all our
buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for
artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging
trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to
continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. - -Should
circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination
requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our
employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.Oak View
Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not
discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any
legally recognized basis ("protected class") including, but not
limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental
disability, genetic information or any other protected class under
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Spectra, Albany , General Manager - Albany Civic Center, Executive , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!