Veterans Preferred - Branch Manager - Cordele, GA
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10003821 Branch
Manager - Cordele, GA (Open)
Cordele, GA - Retail shop
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The Branch Manager position is directly responsible for safety
management, driving sales activity at the retail store, development
and retention of staff, facility maintenance, and the overall
efficient, effective cost management of the branch while complying
with all regulatory agencies and requirements including, but not
limited to OSHA and FDA, and Airgas USA, LLC policies and
procedures (including SOPs) at the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES :
Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- Demonstrates and ensures staff alignment with Airgas Safety
Pledge and 12 Life Saving Rules.
- Exemplifies, promotes and develops safe work behaviors.
Provides direct coaching to improve associates safety behaviors
resulting in an improved safety culture.
- Performs safety incident investigations recommending corrective
actions to eliminate recurrences.
- Develops training tools to support Airgas's safety, regulatory,
continuous improvement and operational efficiency
- Ensures all applicable regulatory (OSHA, FDA, EPA, DOT)
requirements are met and applicable training and recordkeeping is
performed to meet departmental and location deadlines.
Personnel / Personnel Development
- Provides supervision of direct reports in accordance with the
organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Ensures sufficient operations staffing levels; works with the
Human Resources Department to develop recruitment, staff
development and retention strategies.
- Delegates duties and responsibilities when appropriate for
increased business efficiency and staff development.
- Major accountabilities include interviewing, hiring and
training associates, planning, assigning and directing work;
managing performance; addressing complaints and resolving
- Ensures subordinate matters/concerns are effectively
- Consults with Human Resources regarding personnel issues
including coaching, counseling and performance management.
Customer Service / Business Development
- Ensures all customers receive quality customer service from
- Ensures customer inquiries are promptly and courteously
handled, providing follow-up to ensure complete customer
- Assist outside sales representatives in all areas, including
but not limited to preparing quotes, maintaining all literature
required, providing customer follow-up, and gathering sales
- Oversees completion of sales-related paperwork (shippers,
invoices, cylinder audits, month end reports, etc.) in a timely
- Drives increased sales activity at the retail store (walk-in
- Responsible for inventory management at the branch.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares or directs
preparation of merchandise displays.
- Maintains / upgrades selling skills and technical / product
Business / Facility Management & Support
- Overall responsibility for branch operation and profitability,
including appearance, cleanliness, functionality of facilities,
sales maintenance and growth, safety, customer service, community
relations, and management of personnel.
- Reviews and references monthly dashboard results when making
- Business management responsibility including budgeting,
accounts receivable, gross margins, operating expenses, inventory,
equipment, building and vehicles maintenance.
- Ensures proper maintenance of branch and controls expenses thru
proper scheduling and execution of preventative maintenance;
establishes vehicle maintenance schedules.
- Monitors fiscal performance of the branch as compared to
budget; controls branch expenditures and costs.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory levels.
- Responsible for maintaining accounts receivable at an
acceptable level in accordance with company guidelines and
- Reviews contract price file quarterly.
- Reviews actual gross profit to guidelines, as evidenced by
- Regularly reviews operational expenses with the ability to
explain variances and recommend appropriate actions.
- Adheres to a sustainable process for operational files and
records; completes all required paperwork accurately, timely and in
compliance with various company policies and procedures, to ensure
full regulatory compliance.
- Continuous improvement of all applicable safety, environmental,
quality and compliance programs.
Are you a MATCH?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Demonstrated ability as a highly motivated individual to create
and execute action plans that drive business improvement in key
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter,
self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted
personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to
focus and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with
different personalities and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all order entry, data research and
computer skills necessary to service customers and
- Demonstrated understanding of products, services and associated
technologies, or the willingness/ability to learn.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and ability for using basic
leadership skills to effectively engage and manage a
- Demonstrated strong financial acumen with the ability to
interpret and manage the branch P&L.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors' Degree in Business, Management, Accounting or
related field, or equivalent combination of experience and/or
training and education required.
- 2+ years' supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to
effectively manage a wide array of personnel issues, such as
coaching, disciplinary action, performance reviews, etc.
- Demonstrated retail experience with a focus on improving
- Experience in the welding/safety supply industry is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to accurately enter data from various
- SAP knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Occasionally (1-33% of work time).
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write routine business reports and business
correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from employees and/or customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and product literature
using the English language.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, Albany , Veterans Preferred - Branch Manager - Cordele, GA, Executive , Cordele, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!