Medical Technologist - Lab *Weekends*
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System
Posted on: May 5, 2021
- Provides information based on the performance of analytical
tests on human body substances. This is done to detect evidence of
or prevent disease or impairment and to promote and monitor good
health. Follows established guidelines and protocols to provide
said information to Physicians, nurses, and other relevant health
care personnel. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job
functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility
(i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and
requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all
patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For
non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of
age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate. WORKING
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids,
or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime EDUCATION
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology (Required)
- 1 - 2 years Medical Technologist with one year clinical
training. (Required) CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- Required Certifications/Licensures: ASCP preferred ?
certification by ASCP, AMT, NCA, AAB or other agency approved by
State of Georgia. GENERAL SKILLS
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relations
- Grammar / Spelling
- Read / Comprehend Written Instructions
- Follow Verbal Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
- General Clerical Skills PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Have near normal hearing - Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and
far), ability to distinguish colors
- Have good - manual dexterity and eye-hand-foot
- Ability to perform - repetitive tasks/motion PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
- Walking - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
- Sitting - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Climbing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Bending/Stooping - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Twist at waist - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Pushing/Pulling - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Lift/carry up to 20 lbs - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Lift/carry > 20 lbs with assistance - Frequently within
- Reaching above shoulder - Occasionally within shift
Keywords: Phoebe Putney Health System, Albany , Medical Technologist - Lab *Weekends*, Healthcare , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!