Radiology Tech - Imaging-PRN-Various
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System
Posted on: January 12, 2022
- Radiology Technicians are responsible to perform high quality
radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures under the supervision of a
qualified Physician for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of
diseases. The technologist will conduct the procedures according to
department protocols and followed established radiation safety
guidelines. The technologist provides direct patient care for all
ages of patients. The technologist is to provide very good service
that is to treat every patient with respect, courtesy and explain
the exam to the patient. The technologist must be able to work
together with others providing a positive work environment. The
technologist is responsible to provide a safe environment for the
patients, fellow employees and themselves.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job
functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility
(i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and
requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all
patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For
non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of
age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate.
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids,
or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime
- Vocational / Technical Degree in Radiologic Technology
- 0 - 1 year Working in a Radiology department in a hospital
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- Required Certifications/Licensures: Certified Radiography
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relations
- Grammar / Spelling
- Read / Comprehend Written Instructions
- Follow Verbal Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
- Have near normal hearing - Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and
far), ability to distinguish colors
- Have good - manual dexterity and eye-hand-foot
- Ability to perform - repetitive tasks/motion
- Standing - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Walking - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
- Sitting - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Bending/Stooping - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
- Twist at waist - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Pushing/Pulling - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
- Lift/carry > 20 lbs with assistance - Occasionally within
- Reaching above shoulder - Frequently within shift
- Lift/carry > 50 lbs with assistance - Occasionally within
Keywords: Phoebe Putney Health System, Albany , Radiology Tech - Imaging-PRN-Various, Healthcare , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!