Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Center (9a-9p)
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Emergency and Trauma opening in Albany, Georgia. This and other
rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
Description - External
Provides professional nursing care for assigned patients according
to established standards and practices. Duties include assessment
of patients, developing plan of care, implementing the plan of care
and evaluating plan of care. Position requires a high quality of
care in order to meet the Hospital's core mission. All activities
will be performed in support of the strategy, vision, and values of
Phoebe. Nothing in this job description restricts management's
right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job
at any time. All activities must be in compliance with Equal
Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA, and other regulations,
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job
functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility
(i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and
requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all
patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For
non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of
age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids,
or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime
Qualifications - External
- 2 year / Associate Degree in Nursing from a state accredited
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in from a state accredited School of
Professional Nursing (Preferred)
- 1 - 2 years Nursing Experience(Preferred)
- Organizational Skills,Communication Skills,Interpersonal
Skills,Customer Relations,Read / Comprehend Written
Instructions,Follow Verbal Instructions,Basic Computer Skills.
- Have near normal hearing; Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision: Clarity of vision (both near and far),
ability to distinguish colors
- Have good manual dexterity
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Occasionally within shift (1-33%) : Sitting,Climbing,Twist at
waist,Reaching above shoulder.
- Frequently within shift (34-66%) :
- Continuously within shift (67-100%) : Standing.
Certifications and Licensures
- Required Certifications/Licensures : Pediatric Advanced Life
Support (PALS) or obtained within 1 year of hire,Registered Nurse
(RN) with current Georgia license,Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) obtained within six months of hire,Basic Life Support
(BLS),Advanced Stroke Life Support (ASLS) and National Institutes
of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) must be obtained within 2 years of
- Preferred Certifications/Licensures : Trauma Nursing Core
Keyphrases: critical care medicine jobs, emergency room nursing
jobs, emergency room nurse jobs, emergency room technician jobs,
emergency room triage jobs, er nurse jobs, er tech jobs, er nursing
jobs, er triage jobs, er technician jobs
Keywords: Phoebe Putney Health System, Albany , Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Center (9a-9p), Healthcare , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!