Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System
Posted on: January 16, 2022
- Provides professional nursing care for assigned patients
according to established standards and practices on an intermittent
basis in the home. Duties include assessment of patients,
developing plan of care, implementing the plan of care and
evaluating plan of care. Position requires a high quality of care
in order to meet the Hospital's core mission.GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job
functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility
(i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and
requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all
patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For
non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of
age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver's License,
reliable transportation, and current automobile liability insurance
for travel to patient's home. Must furnish report of Motor Vehicle
Records for the pas three (3) years.
- Must spend 50-75% of work time in patient's residence.WORKING
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids,
or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- 2 year / Associate Degree in Nursing from a state accredited
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in from a state accredited School of
Professional Nursing (Preferred)EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1 - 2 years General Medical Surgical Nursing Experience
- 1 - 2 years Hospice or Home Care Experience
(Preferred)CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- Required Certifications/Licensures: Registered Nurse (RN) with
current Georgia license, Basic Life Support (BLS)GENERAL SKILLS
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relations
- Read / Comprehend Written Instructions
- Follow Verbal Instructions
- Basic Computer SkillsPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Have near normal hearing - Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and
far), ability to distinguish colors
- Have good - manual dexterity and eye-hand-foot
- Ability to perform - repetitive tasks/motionPHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
- Walking - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Sitting - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Climbing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Bending/Stooping - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Twist at waist - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Pushing/Pulling - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Reaching above shoulder - Occasionally within shift
Keywords: Phoebe Putney Health System, Albany , Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health, Healthcare , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!