Maternal Outreach Coordinator
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Parent-Child Nursing opening in Albany, Georgia. This and other
rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
Outreach Coordinators serve as liaisons between PPMH and the
Department of Public Health (DPH), other Regional Perinatal Centers
(RPC), perinatal hospitals, and county Health Departments in the 22
county Southwest Georgia Region. Responsibilities include the
development, implementation, organization, and evaluation of
outreach education programs for hospitals within the region with
the expressed goal of improving outcomes for mothers and infants.
The job requires autonomy, creativity, flexibility, and outstanding
interpersonal and communication skills. This position has a high
degree of visibility and requires confidentiality and willingness
to travel and adapt to irregular schedules.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job
functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility
(i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and
requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all
patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For
non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of
age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as
- Maintains current knowledge in perinatal care through self
education and attending ongoing educational programs.
- In addition to clinical competence, these individuals must
remain knowledgeable regarding local, state, and national
guidelines and standards.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver's License.
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids,
or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may
- Long-distance or air travel as needed - not to exceed 10%
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime
Qualifications - External
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (Required)
- Master's Degree in Nursing (Preferred)
- 7 years Maternity Nursing care throughout the continuum of
perinatal services in a Level III hospital (Required)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- Required Certifications/Licensures: Basic Life Support (BLS),
Registered Nurse (RN) with current Georgia license
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relations
- Read/Comprehend Written Instructions
- Follow Verbal Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- General Clerical Skills
- Have near normal hearing - Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and
far), ability to distinguish colors
- Have good - manual dexterity and eye-hand-foot
- Ability to perform - repetitive tasks/motion
- Standing - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
- Walking - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Sitting - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Climbing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Bending/Stooping - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Lift/carry up to 20 lbs - Occasionally within shift
- Lift/carry > 20 lbs with assistance - Occasionally within
Keywords: Phoebe Putney Health System, Albany , Maternal Outreach Coordinator, Healthcare , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!