Certified Nursing Assistant - Acute Care at Phoebe Worth
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job Summary Assists professional nursing personnel in providing
patient care to a specific patient population. Provides direct and
indirect patient care duties under the guidance and direction of
the Licensed Nurse. All activities will be performed in support of
the strategy, vision, and values of Phoebe. Nothing in this job
description restricts management's right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All activities
must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws,
HIPAA, ERISA, and other regulations, as appropriate. General
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job
functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility
(i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and
requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all
patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For
non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of
age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
punctuality guidelinesWorking Conditions
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids,
or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may
- May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)Experience
- 1 - 2 years Experience in Medical Terminology (Required)General
- Organizational Skills,Communication Skills,Interpersonal
Skills,Customer Relations,Grammar / Spelling,Read / Comprehend
Written Instructions,Follow Verbal Instructions,Basic Computer
Skills,General Clerical Skills.Physical Requirements
- Have near normal hearing; Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision: Clarity of vision (both near and far),
ability to distinguish colors
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks/motionPhysical Demands
- Occasionally within shift (1-33%) : Sitting,Climbing,Reaching
- Frequently within shift (34-66%) : Bending/Stooping,Twist at
waist,Pushing/Pulling,Lift/carry > 50 lbs with assistance.
- Continuously within shift (67-100%) :
Standing,Walking.Certifications and Licensures
- Required Certifications/Licensures : Georgia Certified Nursing
Assistant (CNA) and AHA BLS
Keywords: Phoebe Putney Health System, Albany , Certified Nursing Assistant - Acute Care at Phoebe Worth, Healthcare , Sylvester, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!