Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Labor and Delivery opening in Albany, Georgia. This and other rn
jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
- Provides professional nursing care for assigned patients
according to established standards and practices. Duties include
assessment of patients, developing plan of care, implementing the
plan of care and evaluating plan of care. Position requires a high
quality of care in order to meet the Hospital's core mission.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job
functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility
(i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and
requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all
patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For
non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of
age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate.
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids,
or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime
Qualifications - External
- 2 year / Associate Degree in Nursing from a state accredited
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in from a state accredited School of
Professional Nursing (Preferred)
- 1+ years Nursing Experience (Preferred)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- Required Certifications/Licensures: Registered Nurse (RN) with
current Georgia license, Basic Life Support (BLS), Neonatal
Resuscitation Program (NRP) or obtained within 6 months of hire
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relations
- Read / Comprehend Written Instructions
- Follow Verbal Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
- Have near normal hearing - Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and
far), ability to distinguish colors
- Have good - manual dexterity and eye-hand-foot coordination
- Standing - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
- Walking - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Sitting - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Climbing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Bending/Stooping - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Twist at waist - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Pushing/Pulling - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Reaching above shoulder - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
Keyphrases: labor and delivery nurse jobs, labor and delivery
nursing jobs, labor and delivery jobs, labor delivery nursing
Keywords: Phoebe Putney Health System, Albany , Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery, Healthcare , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!