Correctional Medicine Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Needed
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Correctional Medicine opening in Sycamore, Georgia. Here at
Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people -
our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to
making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Nurse Practitioner (NP)/ Physician Assistant (PA) is
responsible for a full range of medical services in accordance with
established policy and procedure as well as within state
guidelines. Provides required documentation of services to the Site
Medical Director or designee in order to monitor provision of
clinical services. Notifies the Medical Director and Health
Services Administrator (HSA) regarding changes in schedule coverage
and assist with arrangements for coverage of medical services if
unavailable for an extended period of time.
- Successful completion of studies for PA or ARNP from an
accredited College or University
- Prefer a minimum of one (1) year clinic experience
- Must have and maintain current licensure as an ARNP or PA
within the stateResponsibilities
- Report to assigned facility at designated hour to examine
- Conduct on-site chronic care clinics and sick call as
established by the Site Medical Director, HSA, or designee.
- Conduct infirmary rounds as established by the Site Medical
Director, HSA, or designee and records encounters in the patient's
- Ensure progress note documentation is in SOAP format; is
problem oriented; corresponds to the therapeutic order; and is
dated, timed, and legible.
- Adhere to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens
before using nonformulary procedure.
- Respond to a code or health emergency within standard
- Willing and able to travel as much as 50% of the time.
- Make pertinent observations and draw logical conclusions to
validate need for non-formulary drug, then record on non-formulary
form and submit to the Medical Director for approval.
- Utilize available in-house resource personnel for treatment or
resolution of identified problems before using off-site referral,
- Provide emergency treatment on-site and respond appropriately
in urgent or emergency situations.
- Support standards of medical care through adherence to existing
policies and procedures for: admission to the infirmary (when one
is on site), transfer to emergency room, and/or utilization review
process for specialty consultant referrals.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for individual
judgments and actions.
- Report any doubts or questions regarding the lack of
appropriate referrals, nursing, or medical intervention necessary
for the realization of established patient goals to the Medical
Director or HSA for disposition.
- Use Universal or Standard Precautions at all times.
- Prescribe a planned regimen of total patient care, which is
adequate, problem oriented and appropriate to the needs of the
- Keep patient information confidential and respect patient's
rights to privacy in accordance with accepted confidentiality
practices for incarcerated individuals.
- Provide input into facility mandatory committees such as
Pharmacy and Therapeutics and Medical Audit Committee as requested
by Site Medical Director, HSA, or designee.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Albany , Correctional Medicine Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Needed, Healthcare , Sycamore, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!