Posted on: September 9, 2018
CGI is looking for a Computer Programmer that is passionate about developing in the DOD environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities
* Performing software development life cycle activities following CMMI protocol to include but not limited to: Analysis, Design, Programming, development of testing plans to include providing requirements traceability matrices, Implementation/Release, Training and Documentation
* Review, analyze, interpret IT system design documents and translate into functioning software solutions
* Generate, document and execute Unit Test Plans, to include recording testing results
* Perform deep dive technical analysis to develop sound technical solutions,
* Compile Software modules
* Research and resolve compiler issues/errors
* Support IT analyst in release/implementation of software changes
* Generate/Recommend Technical improvements (process, tools, ...)
* Conduct/Participate in Peer Reviews (technical)
* Generate Code
* Debug Code using multiple debugging tools and techniques
* Post all changes into an approved Configuration Management tool
* Perform software maintenance to correct software deficiencies identified by users
* Perform software upgrades to enhance current functionality as approved by the Government.
* Perform software design, development, programming and testing (Unit and System Integration) to meet customer requirements specifications.
* Develop Graphical User Interfaces for Design Review of new functionality as part of software development
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* Provides knowledge and expertise in industry standards including, but not limited to American National Standards Institute (ANSI) X12 protocol for electronic data interchange (EDI).
* Experience with government ELS2 systems
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: CGI, Albany , Computer Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!