Coordinator - Surgicare/Outpatient Surgery
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Surgicare Coordinator, under general supervision, performs
clerical and administrative office duties of a confidential nature
for the department including, but not limited to: typing/word
processing, preparing computer generated reports, assisting with
special projects as assigned, ordering supplies and equipment, and
providing secretarial assistance as directed. Additionally, the
Surgicare Coordinator is responsible for screening incoming calls,
assisting customers and/or patients, managing customer and/or
patient flow, maintaining and auditing medical records and charts,
filing secondary insurance, entering charges and payments, and
managing patient registration and scheduling. All activities will
be performed in support of the strategy, vision, and values of
Phoebe. Nothing in this job description restricts management's
right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job
at any time. All activities must be in compliance with Equal
Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA, and other regulations,
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job
functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility
(i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and
requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all
patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For
non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of
age- specific customer service skills.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Non Degree Program in Training in accounting procedures and
- 2 - 3 years Secretarial / Administrative
- 1 - 2 years Hospital, Physician office, or other health care
organization experience (Required)
- 1 - 2 years Experience with CPT and ICD-9 insurance coding
- Organizational Skills,Communication Skills,Interpersonal
Skills,Customer Relations,Mathematical,Grammar / Spelling,Read /
Comprehend Written Instructions,Follow Verbal Instructions,Basic
Computer Skills,Microsoft Office Suite,General Clerical
- Have near normal hearing; Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision: Clarity of vision (both near and far),
ability to distinguish colors
- Have good manual dexterity
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks/motion
- Occasionally within shift (1-33%) : Reaching above
- Frequently within shift (34-66%) : Walking,Sitting.
- Continuously within shift (67-100%) : Climbing.
Certifications and Licensures
- Not Applicable - No Certification and Licensure Requirements
Required or Preferred
Keywords: Phoebe Putney Health System, Albany , Coordinator - Surgicare/Outpatient Surgery, Other , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!