Administrative Assistant Apply Online
April 15, 2021
POSITION: Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Albany High Complex
The Administrative Assistant will perform specialized clerical
duties involving the receipt, processing and distribution of
incoming and outgoing transcripts, and oversee the online
application functions. The Administrative Assistant will assist
with student record retention and testing. The Administrative
Assistant will also provide assistance and information to students,
faculty, staff and the public.
- Two years of college or equivalent job related experience.
Experience may substitute for educational requirements on a year
for year basis;
- Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to student
education records, to include the Family Education Rights Privacy
- Five or more years of high level of clerical, technical and
public relations experience;
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite products and Google Suite
- Experience in Infinite Campus, DoceScan, Microfilm and
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the
Superintendent and the Board may find appropriate.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, parents and
the general public;
- Ability to work independently and/or isolated environment;
- Exercise sound judgment in correction errors and/or
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Attend workshops and conferences to remain well informed of
federal and state guidelines;
- Serve as first point of contact for customers requesting
student records via the telephone, personal office visit, fax or
- Ensure compliance with the Family Education Privacy Act
- Work with sensitive and/or confidential student education
records and address unique and common concerns;
- Manage and update Transcript Services e-mail and web page;
- Interact effectively with administrators, teachers, staff
members, students, parents, third parties and the general public
using tactful and helpful customer service;
- Research and respond to requests made by current or previous
students, parents, colleges, employers and authorized agencies for
the purpose of validating transcripts and other student
- Process student transcripts and graduation verifications;
- Assist Director with testing as directed;
- Assist Student Records Specialist as directed;
- Maintain confidentiality of student records;
- Performs other such duties needed or assigned by
REPORTS TO: Director of Assessment and Accountability
SALARY RANGE: Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
in accordance with the DCSS Compensation Guide.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applicants will begin on April
29, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY ONLINE.
THE DOUGHERTY COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE
BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, AGE, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR
The System reserves the right to waive any qualifications or
other provisions of this advertisement by statute or
Dougherty County School System uses the Applitrack system from
Frontline to manage employment applications online.
The Dougherty County School System is a leading catalyst and
advocate for public education in Southwest Georgia. It's the
largest school system in the second congressional district. The
school district has 21 schools (14 elementary, 4 middle and 3 high
schools), five learning centers and the Commodore Conyers College &
Career Academy. All schools are accredited by Cognia The DCSS
offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Dougherty County is recognized for its quail and duck hunting,
fishing, the Flint River and many cypress swamps. The County has a
population of approximately 90,000. Our County has two institutions
of higher education, Albany State University and Albany Technical
College. Notable points of interests include the Albany Museum of
Art, the Flint RiverQuarium, the Albany Civil Rights Institute, the
Parks at Chehaw, Radium Springs Gardens, and Thronateeska Heritage
Center, which includes the Museum of History, Wetherbee
Planetarium, and the Science Discovery Center. Dougherty County is
a short drive to Atlanta, the Georgia coast, as well as the Florida
Gulf Coast beaches.
This document provides descriptive information about the above
The Dougherty County School System position. Work actually
performed by incumbents in this position may vary. Although this
document may be used for recruiting, staffing, or career planning,
the information contained herein should only be used as a guideline
or recommendation for the content of and qualifications for this
position. The Dougherty County School System reserves the right to
make changes to this document as deemed necessary without providing
advance written notice.