Production Supervisor - Albany, GA-Lumber
Company: Koch Industries, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Have you heard? Georgia-Pacific opened a new state-of-the art
lumber mill in Albany, Georgia in May 2020! It is expected that
this location will receive produce approximately 350 million
board-feet of lumber per year with plans to expand beyond that in
the future! This is an exciting opportunity to work in a
technologically advanced plant.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Supervisorin our lumber
mill in Albany, GA. The Production supervisor will be responsible
for leading a lumber production team to work injury-free/incident
free in a continuous manufacturing environment, consistent with
management philosophy and framework. The Production Supervisor is
also responsible for supervising and coordinating production
efforts that result in sustained improvement in all associated work
processes including: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS)
compliance, reliability, quality, production, and costs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Facilitate team development and communication, employee skill
development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee
commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable.
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement,
ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate
- Monitor product quality and provide direction to crew members
to maximize efficiency.
- Promote employee involvement, providing coaching, feedback and
direction as required.
- Assist with troubleshooting production issues.
- Provide safety training to crew members and deliver training
materials in a meaningful approach.
- Provide coaching and performance management.
- Complete data entry responsibilities and generate reports in a
timely and efficient manner.
- Team size may range from 10-20 members.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience in a wood
products manufacturing facility OR Two (2) or more years
supervisory experience in another Koch Company
- Experience in coaching, training, and developing staff
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other PC-based production
reporting systems applications
- Must be able and willing to work rotating shifts
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant
environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air
conditioned or unheated areas
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and adhere to all
safety rules and regulations, including wearing and using
appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Five (5) or more years supervisory experience in a lumber
manufacturing facility (turning timber into planed lumber)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree preferred
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience. Equal
Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all
offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website
for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Keywords: Koch Industries, Inc., Albany , Production Supervisor - Albany, GA-Lumber, Other , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!