Patient Access Specialist - EC at Phoebe Sumter
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Patient Access Specialists will provide hospital personnel,
patients and their families with a seamless and efficient
registration experience. Patient Access Specialists are
instrumental in verifying eligibility of insurance and other forms
of reimbursement along with collecting money due at the point of
service. All staff will be cross-functionally trained to support
all areas of registration.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job
functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility
(i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and
requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all
patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For
non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of
age- specific customer service skills.
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids,
or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- 2 year / Associate Degree in in a related field
- 1 - 2 years Health related field (hospital or Physician's
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- Required Certifications/Licensures: CPAR Certification must be
obtained within 20 months of hire, Georgia Work Ready
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relations
- Grammar / Spelling
- Read / Comprehend Written Instructions
- Follow Verbal Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- General Clerical Skills
- Spanish or 2nd Language Preferred
- Have near normal hearing - Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and
far), ability to distinguish colors
- Ability to perform - repetitive tasks/motion
- Have good - manual dexterity and eye-hand-foot
- Standing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Walking - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Sitting - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
- Bending/Stooping - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Reaching above shoulder - Occasionally within shift
Keywords: Phoebe Putney Health System, Albany , Patient Access Specialist - EC at Phoebe Sumter, Other , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!