POSITION: Attendance Clerk
LOCATION: Monroe High School
- Diploma in Business Office Technology or equivalent.
- Two years' clerical experience in a school office or related
- Experience in working with sensitive information regarding
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Access, Excel and Word.
- Mature individual with initiative and good telephone
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may
- Greet and interact effectively with the general public, staff
members, students, teachers, parents and administrators, using tact
and good judgment.
- Provide secretarial and clerical support for building
- Respond to telephone calls, routes calls and takes
- Enroll new students; prepare cumulative folders and request
records for new students.
- Enter student information on students transferring from within
and outside of the school system.
- Maintain discipline records, processes and sorts all report
cards for the entire school.
- Assist in maintaining efficient office operations by providing
clerical relief as needed.
- Assist teachers in preparing instructional materials.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Principal
SALARY RANGE: Semi-Monthly. Eleven months. Salary in accordance
to the DCSS compensation guide.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applicants will begin and will
continue until the position is filled.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY ONLINE.
THE DOUGHERTY COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE
BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, AGE, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR
The System reserves the right to waive any qualifications or
other provisions of this advertisement by statute or
Dougherty County School System uses the ApplicantTracking system
from Aspex Solutions to manage employment applications online.
The Dougherty County School System is a leading catalyst and
advocate for public education in Southwest Georgia. It's the
largest school system in the second congressional district. The
school district has 21 schools (14 elementary, 4 middle and 3 high
schools), five learning centers and the Commodore Conyers College &
Career Academy. All schools are accredited by the Southern
Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Georgia
Accrediting Commission (GAC). The DCSS offers a competitive salary
and benefits package.
Dougherty County is recognized for its quail and duck hunting,
fishing, the Flint River and many cypress swamps. The County has a
population of approximately 90,000. Our County has two institutions
of higher education, Albany State University and Albany Technical
College. Notable points of interests include the Albany Museum of
Art, the Flint RiverQuarium; the Albany Civil Rights Institute; the
Parks at Chehaw; Radium Springs Gardens; and Thronateeska Heritage
Center, which includes the Museum of History, Wetherbee
Planetarium, and the Science Discovery Center. Dougherty County is
a short drive to Atlanta, the Georgia coast, as well as the Florida
Gulf Coast beaches.
This document provides descriptive information about the above
The Dougherty County School System position. Work actually
performed by incumbents in this position may vary. Although this
document may be used for recruiting, staffing, or career planning,
the information contained herein should only be used as a guideline
or recommendation for the content of and qualifications for this
position. The Dougherty County School System reserves the right to
make changes to this document as deemed necessary without providing
advance written notice.