RN Oncology Care Clinical Coordinator
Company: Phoebe Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Serves as a member of the Oncology Care leadership team who
supports, leads and directs clinical practice. Following the
direction of the Nurse Director / Manager, the Clinical Coordinator
implements unit specific strategies and colleague specific practice
remediation that results in achieving specific clinical quality and
patient safety outcomes. Participates in the assessment
coordination monitoring and evaluating of the services provided to
exceed the care standards for the unit. Serves as a leader and role
model in the absence of the Director / Manager. All activities will
be performed in support of the strategy, vision, and values of
Phoebe. Nothing in this job description restricts management's
right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job
at any time. All activities must be in compliance with Equal
Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA, and other regulations,
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job
functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility
(i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and
requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all
patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For
non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of
age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids,
or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may
- May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime
- 2 year / Associate Degree in Nursing (Required)
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (Preferred)
- 4 - 5 years Experience in an acute care setting(Required)
- 4 - 5 years An acute care setting in area of
- 0 - 1 year Demonstrated proficiency in oncology care
competencies at expert level(Required)
- 1 - 2 years Previous Leadership Experience(Preferred)
- Organizational Skills,Communication Skills,Interpersonal
Skills,Customer Relations,Analytical,Grammar / Spelling,Read /
Comprehend Written Instructions,Follow Verbal Instructions,Basic
- Have near normal hearing; Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision: Clarity of vision (both near and far),
ability to distinguish colors
- Have good manual dexterity
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks/motion
Physical DemandsCertifications and Licensures
- Required Certifications/Licensures : Registered Nurse
(RN),Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS),Basic Life Support
(BLS),Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) within one year of hire,ONS
Chemo Provider Certification or within six months of hire.
Keywords: Phoebe Health, Albany , RN Oncology Care Clinical Coordinator, Other , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!