Certified Nursing Assistant - Acute Care III
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- The Certified Nursing Assistant assists Physicians and nursing
personnel in providing patient care to a specific patient
population. Provides direct and indirect patient care duties under
the guidance and direction of the Licensed Nurse. Collects
specimens, runs lab tests, performs EKG's, Drug screen collection,
and Breath Alcohols. Performs clerical duties as assigned.
Participates in unit activities that enhance and promote quality
patient care outcomes in accordance with the mission, vision and
values of Patient Care Services of Phoebe Putney Health
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job
functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility
(i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and
requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all
patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For
non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of
age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate.
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids,
or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Vocational / Technical Degree in Medical Field (Preferred)
- 1 year Patient Care Experience in a health care setting
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- Required Certifications/Licensures: Basic Life Support (BLS),
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relations
- Grammar / Spelling
- Read / Comprehend Written Instructions
- Follow Verbal Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Have near normal hearing - Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and
far), ability to distinguish colors
- Have good - manual dexterity
- Ability to perform - repetitive tasks/motion
- Standing - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
- Walking - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Sitting - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Climbing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Bending/Stooping - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Twist at waist - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Pushing/Pulling - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Reaching above shoulder - Occasionally within shift
Keywords: Phoebe Putney Health System, Albany , Certified Nursing Assistant - Acute Care III, Other , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!