Medical Assistant - Corporate Health at Phoebe East
Company: Phoebe Health
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- Assists Physicians with all patient procedures. Give injections
and applies dressings and splints. Collects specimens, run lab
tests, perform EKG's, Drug screen collection, Breath Alcohols,
Pulmonary Function Testing, and Audiometric testing. Performs
clerical duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job
functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility
(i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and
requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all
patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For
non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of
age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate.
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids,
or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- 4 - 5 years Medical Office Experience or Certified Medical
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- Required Certifications/Licensures: Department Specific
Certifications may be required.
- Preferred Certifications/Licensures: Certified Medical
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relations
- Grammar / Spelling
- Read / Comprehend Written Instructions
- Follow Verbal Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- General Clerical Skills
- Have near normal hearing - Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and
far), ability to distinguish colors
- Have good - manual dexterity and eye-hand-foot
- Ability to perform - repetitive tasks/motion
- Standing - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Walking - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Sitting - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Climbing - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Bending/Stooping - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Twist at waist - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Lift/carry up to 20 lbs - Occasionally within shift
- Lift/carry > 20 lbs with assistance - Occasionally within
- Reaching above shoulder - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
Keywords: Phoebe Health, Albany , Medical Assistant - Corporate Health at Phoebe East, Other , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!