Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room *Weekends*
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Provides professional nursing care for assigned patients
according to established standards and practices. Duties include
assessment of patients, developing plan of care, implementing the
plan of care and evaluating plan of care. Position requires a high
quality of care in order to meet the Hospital's core mission. All
activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision,
and values of Phoebe. Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. All activities must be in
compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA,
and other regulations, as appropriate.
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job
functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility
(i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and
requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all
patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For
non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of
age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids,
or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime
- 2 year / Associate Degree in Nursing from a state accredited
school, RNs hired after January 1, 2017 must obtain a Bachelor's
Degree in Nursing from a state accredited school within 5 years of
date of hire (Required)
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in from a state accredited School of
Professional Nursing (Preferred)
- 1 - 2 years Nursing Experience(Preferred)
- Organizational Skills,Communication Skills,Interpersonal
Skills,Customer Relations,Read / Comprehend Written
Instructions,Follow Verbal Instructions,Basic Computer Skills.
- Have near normal hearing; Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision: Clarity of vision (both near and far),
ability to distinguish colors
- Have good manual dexterity
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Occasionally within shift (1-33%) : Sitting,Climbing,Twist at
waist,Reaching above shoulder.
- Frequently within shift (34-66%) :
- Continuously within shift (67-100%) : Standing.
Certifications and Licensures
- Required Certifications/Licensures : Registered Nurse (RN) with
current Georgia license,Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
obtained within one year of hire,Georgia Stroke Core Curriculum
(GSCC) or Advanced Stroke Life Support (ASLS) and National
Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) must be obtained within 2
years of hire.
Keywords: Phoebe Putney Health System, Albany , Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room *Weekends*, Other , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!