Branch Service Supervisor (Teller Supervisor) - Oakland Branch
Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Supervises and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the
Teller line for one or more bank branches. Manages Teller schedules
ensuring continuous coverage of Teller functions and adherence to
established schedules. Ensures Teller compliance with bank
policies, procedures, regulations and operational guidelines. Works
closely with branch management to communicate key information to
the branch team regarding changes to bank policies, procedures,
products and services. Leads the teller line in cross-selling,
referrals and new business efforts in support of branch referral
goals. Has a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Regional
Operations Manager and accountable for proper compliance with
branch operations. Serves as back-up to Relationship Banker as
needed. Note: In Nexus/Novus branches, this position does not
directly supervise Tellers but will provide operational oversight
to team members and work closely with the Retail Market Manager on
leadership of the team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the
Teller line for one or more bank branches including zone scheduling
where available. Prepares, publishes, and coordinates staffing and
scheduling to ensure proper Teller and branch coverage and ensures
adherence to established schedules. Serves as a resource for
tellers providing guidance and assisting with more complex
transactions, reviewing and approving overrides.
- Assists Tellers in proactively and pleasantly greeting
customers to establish a connection and develop rapport, providing
outstanding, personalized customer service. Executes a variety of
customer transactions in accordance with applicable policies and
procedures, and with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Assists customers with inquiries and provides issue resolution
in a professional and composed manner. Escalates issues to branch
management as required. Ensures each customer is thanked for their
business and is treated as a valued Synovus customer.
- Listens carefully to customers to understand their financial
priorities, promoting the bank's products and services and
referring customers to bank partners in support of individual and
branch referral goals. Serves as Relationship Banker as
- Drives referral performance on the Teller line ensuring Tellers
achieve performance and referral goals. Models sales activity for
Tellers by consistently meeting or exceeding referral goals. Tracks
all referral activity using the Sales Management system.
- Participates in daily kick-off and huddle activities, weekly
sales meetings, and sales and training activities. Champions
products as assigned and shares specific product information and
sales tips. Performs proactive outreach to customers and prospects
during sales campaigns and promotions.
- Maintains established levels of cash in the vault and
determines items that need to be ordered and/or shipped. Supplies
and verifies cash to and from customers, tellers, and other
branches. Prepares, verifies and ships coin and currency to
corporate customers and the Federal Reserve Bank. Maintains daily
log of shipments to and from the branches and prepares monthly
currency transactions report.
- Serves as the Teller Insight Branch Administrator including
updating user profiles, assigning authority, and performing other
Teller Insight Administration tasks as required.
- Oversees the quarterly Branch Management Operations checklist
ensuring all topics are discussed, reviewed, and completed
according to policies, procedures and standards. Addresses areas
that need improvement with individual or through a branch action
plan. Works closely with branch and operations management to ensure
the branch operational integrity. Ensures ethical practices are
followed in all activities related to the branch including
operations, customer treatment and referral activities.
- Remains up-to-date, and ensures Tellers remain up-to-date,
regarding branch security policies and procedures. Assists with
branch open and close procedures. Maintains alarm codes, alarm
function, cameras, cash controls and other open and close
- Serves as branch leader regarding customer satisfaction
surveys. Monitors branch trend reporting and partners with other
branch leadership to address service concerns resulting from these
- Adheres to Branch Operations Standards, policies and procedures
and regulatory guidelines to protect against risk. Maintains a high
level of awareness to recognize and report suspected fraud. Follows
the business code of conduct including reporting known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
fashion. Completes compliance and other assigned training on
- Models Synovus' culture and values in everyday interactions
with team members, customers and business partners. Effectively
communicates with leadership and coworkers to promote a positive
and collaborative team environment. Leads branch team in absence of
Retail Market Manager or Lead Relationship Banker.
- Manages coaching, development and performance of team members.
Communicates key information to team members regarding changes to
bank policies, procedures, products and services. Ensures Tellers
are properly trained and maintain compliance and a comprehensive
understanding of bank regulations, policies, procedures, products
- Proactively engages with the Regional Operations Manager.
Communicates operational policy/procedure changes or reminders
through in person meetings or emails. Accountable for
implementation of operational procedures and branch tasks.
- Demonstrates professionalism in appearance, punctuality, and
behavior. Maintains a clean, organized work area.
- Manages or provides input to the annual performance management
and merit processes for direct and indirect reports. Coaches and
develops team members and builds a work environment where team
members are engaged and feel a positive sense of achievement about
their role in the company. Works closely with Human Resources
regarding employee relations, compensation, training, posting and
filling vacant positions and other Human Resources related
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their
functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures,
laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of Teller experience; OR
- One year of experience as a Teller Supervisor or as a Branch
Manager with Teller duties; OR
- Two years of supervisory experience that includes one year of
Teller experience; OR
- A Bachelor's degree and one year of Teller experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of bank branch operational functions, systems,
policies and procedures
- Understanding and knowledge of bank compliance rules and
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with ability
to quickly establish rapport with customers
- Strong listening skills and a positive communicator
- Account reconciliation skills
- Careful attention to detail with ability to manage time and
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products.
Keywords: Synovus Financial Corp., Albany , Branch Service Supervisor (Teller Supervisor) - Oakland Branch, Other , Leesburg, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!