Company: Beacon Health Management
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Position Title: Activity Assistant
Pioneer Health Center is hiring an Activity Assistant to work at
the Bryomville, GA location, providing both short term
rehabilitation and long-term care.
Activity Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning, organizing, and implementing group and
individual activities based on residents' individual needs as
identified in residents' health care plans.
- Assist in community planning related to the interests of the
facility and the services and needs of the resident and family as
directed by the Activity Director.
- Assist in maintaining a balance of recreational activities
based on the particular demographics of the residents.
- Assist in coordination of activity schedules with other
departments as necessary.
- Communicate residents' programs to residents, residents'
families, volunteers, and facility staff.
- Decorates monthly bulletin boards indicating future activities,
holiday themes, and/or picture review of past activities.
- Assists in transportation of residents within the facility from
one area of activity to another.
- Participate in group activities to ensure maximum involvement
by interested residents.
- Help read incoming mail, and address and post outgoing mail
upon the resident's request.
- Arrange transportation for field trips as requested.
Educational/ Vocational Requirements:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of six (6) months of experience in a social
or recreational program within the last five years preferably
within a health care setting.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must genuinely care for and understand the elderly and
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agency personnel
and the general public
- Must be able to plan, organize, develop, implement, and
interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures
that are necessary for providing activity services.
- Must have patience, tact, a positive disposition and
enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult
- Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Beacon Health Management, Albany , Activities Assistant, Other , Byromville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!