CNA - Outpatient Hospice Sumter (PRN -Days)
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System
Posted on: June 9, 2021
- Provides personal care and homemaker services for hospice
terminally ill patients and their families. Care is provided per
the hospice interdisciplinary plan of care to patient in their
homes or facilities where they live, independently under indirect
nursing supervision. Personal care services include any services
related to activities of daily living including bathing, dressing,
ambulation/transfer, feeding, incontinence care, positioning and
other activities that support patient/family quality of life.
Responsible to the primary nurse for carrying out the duties
assigned in order to increase the level of comfort and to maintain
personal hygiene and safe home environment. Provides homemaking
services such as straightening the patient area, washing the
patient's clothes and cooking simple meals. Provides temporary
respite and relief from total care responsibilities for the primary
caregiver and family. Functions as a member of the Hospice
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job
functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility
(i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and
requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all
patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For
non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of
age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate.
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids,
or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- 1 - 2 years Patient Care Experience in a health care setting
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- Required Certifications/Licensures: Basic Life Support (BLS),
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Certified Nursing Assistant
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relations
- Grammar / Spelling
- Read / Comprehend Written Instructions
- Follow Verbal Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Have near normal hearing - Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and
far), ability to distinguish colors
- Have good - manual dexterity
- Ability to perform - repetitive tasks/motion
- Standing - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
- Walking - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Sitting - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Climbing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Bending/Stooping - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Twist at waist - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Pushing/Pulling - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Reaching above shoulder - Occasionally within shift
Keywords: Phoebe Putney Health System, Albany , CNA - Outpatient Hospice Sumter (PRN -Days), Other , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!