UI Customer Service Rep 1
Company: State of Georgia
Posted on: January 13, 2022
UI Customer Service Representative 1 (Customer Svc Rep 1)
Job Code: GST120
Pay Grade: F
We are looking for conscientious people to join the Customer
Service Representative Team. The candidates in this role, under
general supervision, will perform a wide range of duties providing
customer service to the general public and external customers
regarding the unemployment insurance program (UI). They will
provide information and services targeted to meet customer
expectations. Individuals in this role may resolve complicated
issues involving customer service and/or research governing
policies, procedures or laws to respond to clients or visitors. A
thorough approach to work will be required because some duties may
be complex in nature and may involve access to confidential
This job offers candidates the opportunity to work from their
preferred Career Center. Please select your top three locations in
the pre-screening section.
All applicants must complete the following assessment which will
take approximately 10 minutes:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides technical assistance by answering incoming calls and
responding to emails from customers regarding the unemployment
insurance program. Provides answers to questions, handles
complaints, troubleshoots problems, and routes calls.
* Utilizes skills and expertise to evaluate claim information and
issues in order to resolve customer inquiries.
* Develops and applies knowledge of UI policies, procedures and
* Meets productivity and performance targets in accordance with
established goals, guidelines, and procedures.
* Performs research, prepares written correspondence or verbally
communicates information within established timeframes. Secures
facts necessary to evaluate claim information, determine need, and
provide consultative solutions to resolve and/or handle customer
* As a team member, takes a stable approach and ownership of work
by providing clear and accurate communication to customers,
anticipating problems or questions, and escalating issues as
needed. Follows up with customer to maintain service level.
* Assists management in identifying and monitoring technical issues
reported by claimants, employers, and general public.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, training sessions, or
other meetings as directed by the Supervisor.
* Exhibits strong soft skills.
* Performs other duties as assigned. Position may initially include
* Excellent customer services skills with an orientation towards
* Comfortable working individually or be a cooperative part of a
* Pragmatic approach and accountability for performance and
* Strong communications skills including listening, verbal, and
* Ability to follow guidelines and procedures.
* Ability to pay attention to detail.
* Proficient computer skills with the ability to use applications
including Microsoft Office.
Why Should You Apply?
The Georgia Department of Labor offers a generous benefits package,
Pay and Recognition:
* Competitive Salary
* 12 paid holidays per year
* 10 hours paid annual leave each month
* 10 hours paid sick leave each month
* Insurance: health, dental, vision, life, critical illness
* Health savings and child care spending account
* Short-term and Long-term disability plans
* ERS Pension/401(K)/457 Retirement Plans
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible work schedules (available for select positions)
* Employee Discounts
Because of the volume of applications received, we are unable to
provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All
qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily
receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the
hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants
who are not selected will not receive notification. This posting
may close at any time prior to the posted close date, once a
suitable applicant pool is identified.
The hiring process may involve one or more of the following: an
interview, a timed written exercise, and/or an oral presentation.
If there is a need for a reasonable accommodation during the hiring
process, please advise the hiring manager.
All decisions concerning the employment relationship for qualified
applicants will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity,
color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status,
veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state,
or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these
factors is wholly inconsistent with the Georgia Department of Labor
values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination
or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Please complete the application in its entirety. Your attached
resume does not replace an incomplete work experience
High school diploma or GED AND Six months of experience handling
customer's questions, complaints and/or providing information.
* Agency Logo:
* Requisition ID: ADM0CMJ
* Number of Openings: 8
* Advertised Salary: $35,750.00/Yr.
* Shift: Day Job
Keywords: State of Georgia, Albany , UI Customer Service Rep 1, Other , Moultrie, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!