RN QI Coordinator - Trauma Services
Company: Phoebe Putney Health System
Posted on: June 18, 2022
* The QI Coordinator, Trauma Services is responsible for monitoring
and evaluating the performance in the trauma program and works
closely with the multi-disciplinary health care team to identify
opportunities for improvement. The coordinator also assists with
some data entry in the Medical Center Trauma Registry, data
retrieval and collection, data analysis, and presentation of data
both internally and externally. Must be comfortable with both
interpreting the clinical care provided to trauma patients.
* Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and
* Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core
values, mission and vision of the organization
* Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate.
* Assists in the collection of trauma patient data and management
of the Trauma Registry and required reporting. Updates reports,
graphs, and/or scorecards based on registry data to demonstrate
process, structure and outcomes of trauma patient care.
* Maintains current knowledge of trauma care standards and trauma
resources including the Trauma Registry. Assists with the
identification and provision of trauma educational opportunities
and outreach efforts for hospital and the community as outlined in
Georgia Committee on Trauma Standards and the American College of
* Participates in daily review of hospitalized trauma patient
* Supports Trauma research and publication by providing data (when
requested) to investigators in compliance with the Medical Center
IRB and HIPAA regulations, as approved by the Trauma Medical
Director and Trauma Program Manager.
* General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned
area, with moderate noise levels.
* May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
* May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids, or
* May be required to change from one task to another of different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
* Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
* 4 year/Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (Required)
* 4-6 years of nursing experience in surgical care, critical care,
and/or an emergency department, with increasing responsibility and
interest in trauma care (Required)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
* Required Certifications/Licensures: Registered Nurse (RN) with
current Georgia license
* Organizational Skills
* Communication Skills
* Interpersonal Skills
* Customer Relations
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Have near normal hearing - Hear alarms/telephone/tape
recorder/normal speaking voice
* Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and far),
ability to distinguish colors
* Have good - manual dexterity and eye-hand-foot coordination
* Ability to perform - repetitive tasks/motion
* Standing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
* Walking - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
* Sitting - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
* Bending/Stooping - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
* Twist at waist - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
* Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
* Lift/carry > 20 lbs with assistance - Occasionally within
* Reaching above shoulder - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
Keywords: Phoebe Putney Health System, Albany , RN QI Coordinator - Trauma Services, Other , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!