Staff Assistant/Youth Care Worker (FT)
Company: United Methodist Children's Home
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionStaff Assistant/Youth Care Worker – AL FSLA-
Non-ExemptReports to Program ManagerHeadland Group Home Position
Summary:The Staff Assistant/Youth Care Worker works closely with
the Group Home Manager to provide a wide range of standard clerical
and office support functions, as well as nurturing, direct care and
supervision of residents in a group home environment
- Compiles required information and data to adequately prepare
required reports and/or documents.
- Maintains orderly and systematic office files that contain
reports and records. Creates new files as needed.
- Prepares letters, reports, purchase orders and other general
items as needed.
- Answers the telephone in a polite and professional manner.
Relays telephone messages accurately to recipient in a timely
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail
- Orders all office supplies and materials in a timely manner and
with supervisory approval.
- Schedules appointments and makes travel arrangements when
requested by supervisor.
- Adheres to UMCH Policies and Minimum Standards.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality as situations dictate and
adheres to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Processes Medicaid billing accurately and timely.
- Maintains Kaleidacare Database to accurately reflect placements
and discharges of children.
- Provides ongoing clerical assistance with the input of Medicaid
Rehab billable units and monthly reports to SDHR and UMCH Business
- Completes required annual training as specified in the DHR
Child Placing Agency Minimum standards.
- Works additional hours or a variable schedule as needed.
- Provides Basic Living Skills in accordance with the Alabama
Medicaid Manual Chapter 105 and as specified in the resident's
individual treatment plans.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality as situations dictate.
Abides by HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as set forth in the Youth Care Worker Job
Guide and the Staff Assistant Job Guide, including administers
medication to residents at the appropriate time.Knowledge, Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent certification (GED).
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- (1) year of general office experience required.
- Previous experience working with children in a residential
setting or environment with youth and/or families required
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Proficiency in computer use and understanding of basic word
processing and spreadsheet software required.
- Using the English language must have excellent verbal and
written communication and interpersonal skills that allow for
professional interaction with families, staff, stakeholders and the
- Ability to travel extensively over a multi-county catchment
- Must have a valid driver's license from state of
- Must have reliable transportation, proof of automobile
liability insurance, and driving record that will allow coverage on
Agency's insurance policy.
- Must receive a satisfactory background check that includes a
check of employment and personal references, criminal history,
driving record, Child Abuse and Neglect, professional reference,
criminal history, driving record, and pass a pre-employment
physical including TB skin test and drug screen. Physical
- Vision: Must be able to drive, read reports, observe conditions
related to work, view computer screen, etc.
- Cognitive: Must be able to think independently, logically, and
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with
co-workers, employees, families and the general public.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility: Must be able to stand to open files
and operate office machines, mobility to drive, get in and out of
private homes as well as work area, some standing for prolonged
periods for presentation. Normal coordination including eye-hand
- Climbing/Stooping, Kneeling: Must be able to stoop and kneel as
needed to file, retrieve documents, assist families and perform CPR
and First Aid, etc.
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift and carry up case
files, lap top computer which may weigh up to 20 pounds.
- Manual Dexterity: Must be able to write, type, use telephone
system, file, drive, etc.
About United Methodist Children's Home:
The United Methodist Children's Home has helped transform the lives
of thousands of hurting children and families since 1890. Many of
our alumni are now successful adults who are giving back to the
communities which gave to them. The need continues as there are
hundreds of other children who require our help. By supporting the
United Methodist Children's Home, YOU can make a life changing
Keywords: United Methodist Children's Home, Albany , Staff Assistant/Youth Care Worker (FT), Other , Headland, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!