Golf Course Superintendent , Lake Blackshear Resort, (Cordele), GA
Company: Coral Hospitality, LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club, located in Cordele, GA, is
looking for an extraordinary Golf Course Superintendent. This is an
excellent opportunity for an Assistant Superintendent to move into
the Golf Course Superintendent role. -We offer a culture that
focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an
environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests'
expectations while collaborating with one another and being
innovative and contemporary.
SUMMARY:The Golf Course Superintendent will report to the General
Manager and has a secondary reporting relationship to the Corporate
Director of Agronomics. - This Golf Course Superintendent is
responsible for the maintenance, operation and management of the
golf course. - The Superintendent will also take responsibility for
managing and maintaining club property -that may include equipment,
maintenance facility, open spaces, wooded areas, and other
properties specified by club officials. - The Superintendent will
be accountable to protect the company's assets while ensuring
maximum member and guest satisfaction. - This position is not
limited to the responsibilities outlined below. HOURS/DAYS Position
requires the individual to maintain flexible availability, will
work weekends and holidays and may be required to return to the job
site at odd hours under emergency situations. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interview, hire, direct and supervise a staff of employees for
the purpose of maintaining the clubs properties. - The
Superintendent will have the authority to terminate employment of
- Annually review all subordinates for performance, strengths,
and weakness and provide feedback to make improvements.
- Develop standard operating procedures that correspond with the
maintenance of the golf course and follow the departments, company
- Develop comprehensive training of golf course workers regarding
the required maintenance and safe operation of equipment and other
tools used in golf course maintenance.
- Plan professional development and training activities for self
and subordinates by attending turf conferences, equipment shows,
workshops and other educational programs to maintain current
knowledge of technical and turf innovations and changes that could
affect the departments operation.
- Oversee the scheduling and routing of personnel and equipment
to accomplish work.
- Inspect the golf course and related areas to evaluate how well
management standards are being achieved and to effect changes in
management programs if needed.
- Plans all maintenance and project work, applying his agronomic
and administrative expertise to achieve agreed-upon maintenance
- Establish short and long term plans for the golf course.
- Selects all turf, ornamental and tree material and supervises
its care and the care of all other flora and fauna.
- Develop and maintain drainage, irrigation and watering
- Oversee all course construction.
- Acquires equipment and purchases necessary supplies to maintain
the golf course.
- Oversee the equipment maintenance and repair programs.
- Oversee all chemical and fertilizer applications.
- Maintain inventory controls and approves all expenditures while
exercising cost control measures to keep operating and capital
expenses in line with approved budgets.
- Will execute the purchase order system accurately and by
- Keep accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory,
weather data, pesticide/fertilizer applications, maintenance
procedures and pumping reports.
- Prepares annual budgets for the maintenance and capital
- Must be in compliance and support a drug-free workplace.
- Must have a professional and courteous personality and be able
to intelligently communicate with members, residents and
- Must be a pro-active member of the management team: able to
generate thoughts and ideas that result in increased financial
efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide accurate and timely information to staff members to
facilitate communication and the flow of information.
- Will assist and influence safety related training programs and
illustrate its importance through demonstrated support.
- Supervise the general safety and security of the maintenance
facility, accepting responsibility for the security of the
buildings and its assets.
- Will attend all necessary meetings as appropriately
- Daily accomplishment of a clean, healthy and safe working
environment, one that abides by this department, OSHA and all
local, state and federal standards.
- Exhibit proactive leadership as it relates to the areas of
- Will follow all corporate, resort, park, and departmental
policies and procedures in a strict manner and require same from
- Any other duties assigned by the General Manager. EDUCATION
- Associates in Science or equivalent in a turf related field; or
three (3) years experience in turf related field; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Requires basic computer skills as it relates to industry
specific technology. - Must possess the ability to learn and
efficiently utilize Word, Excel, out Outlook (email). PHYSICAL
DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTThe position requires work be performed
in indoor and outdoor environments. - Indoor activities include
sitting or standing for long periods of time, reading, writing and
verbal communications and operating office equipment. - Exposure to
variable and sometimes adverse weather conditions and active
physical work involving lifting 30-50 pounds, carrying, pushing,
stooping, and reaching are required. - Must be able to work long
- Annual salary commensurate with experience - Benefits:
- Company Benefits
- Employee Travel Rewards Program
- Health Benefits and other Ancillary Benefits
Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club is an equal opportunity
employer -committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an
inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other
status or characteristic protected by law.Pre-employment background
screening will be conducted.
Keywords: Coral Hospitality, LLC, Albany , Golf Course Superintendent , Lake Blackshear Resort, (Cordele), GA, Other , Cordele, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!