Company: Exelon Corporation
Posted on: September 11, 2019
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of
the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer
bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies
that strives for the highest standards of power generation,
competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of
outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought
leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design,
build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to
motivating the success of our employees through competitive base
salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune
100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly
shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize
your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for the efficient and effective
operation within an assigned organization, in support of the
Companys goals and objectives. Whether in operations, maintenance,
Fuels or I&C, the Foreman is expected to ensure that safe,
continuous and economical processes and procedures are carried out
at all times. Within their duties is the responsibility to adhere
to the Companys business and ethical standards and assure
compliance with all applicable government and industry regulations
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct the work of employees in meeting safety and productivity
goals and ensure the team and its members follow all work
practices. Ensure that employees perform their duties in a manner
consistent with a cognizance of customer awareness and concern.
- Coordinate with, and turnover to, other Foremen and shifts the
information they will need to continue safe and reliable
- Ensure that employees perform their duties in a manner consistent
with a cognizance of customer awareness and concern.
- Assist in the development of and execution of work schedules and
tasks given to assigned employees, and ensure they are completed in
a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities when
called for by exercising good judgment and decision-making skills.
This applies to equipment assets and human assets.
- Communicate in all directions in an efficient manner: with
employees assigned, with other Foremen and with management when and
as called upon to do so. This includes ensuring the work team is
aware of information from management, and that management is aware
of the information it needs to make decisions in support of
strategies and goals.
- Develop assigned employees such that their skill sets on the job
are increased. Coach new and existing employees in processes,
procedures and practices. Make recommendations as to performance
improvement both to assigned employees and to organizational
management. Participate in the Companys formal performance
evaluation process of assigned employees.
- Support the Companys core values and exhibit positive leadership
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology, Electronics, or
related field OR
- HS Diploma with minimum of 18 months of trade or technical
training in Power Plant Technology or related field
- At least eight (8) years experience as a Technician in an
appropriate area of plant operations, maintenance, fuels or
- Demonstrated leadership skills to include attention to safety,
personal and environmental schedules, equipment and its efficient
use, and the use of employees to get the job done
- Effective communication skills in all directions
- Ability to plan and organize work through scheduling and making
appropriate assignments to best utilize available talent
- Motivational skills that foster individual and team development
- Full understanding and appreciation for procedures, policies,
processes and practices
- Ability to use the technology and equipment associated with both
the Foreman Position and those positions assigned to the
- Minimum performance rating of Meaningful Impact for the past two
- No discipline within the last 24 months
- Satisfactory attendance record
- Ability to work in a power plant environment that includes
climbing, walking long distances, and standing for the majority of
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds Qualifications - Position
reports to Shift Manager
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees
or applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Keywords: Exelon Corporation, Albany , Shift Foreman, Other , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!