Construction-Line Worker (Blakley, GA)
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Description'Windstream is considered an essential business and
we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety
and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities
is our top priority." About Us: Se Habla Espa--ol! Windstream
Holdings, Inc. is a leading provider of advanced network
communications and technology solutions for consumers, small
businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across
the U.S. About the Role: As a line worker in the Kinetic
construction and engineering organization you will install, repair
and maintain poles, cables and conduits; install aerial and buried
cables with associated hardware as required to build jobs; and run
fiber optic and copper cable, both aerial and in underground
infrastructure such as manholes. In this role, you will work to
maintain the safety of the crew by providing direction regarding
procedures, road safety and manhole safety. You will attend safety
meetings, maintain inventory, maintain DOT vehicle inspection,
operate heavy machinery and perform routine maintenance. This job
will include work on weekends, holidays, standby and unscheduled
hours and overtime. Travel of over 50% may be required. What You'll
- Install, repair and maintain poles. Use electronic test
equipment to measure signal strength. Interpret staking sheets and
- Install aerial cables (fiber and copper). Inspect these lines,
analyze and record test results and assess transmission
characteristics to locate faults.
- Set up service for customers by installing, connecting,
testing, or adjusting equipment.
- Access specific areas to string lines or install terminal
boxes, auxiliary equipment, or appliances using bucket trucks, or
by climbing poles or ladders, or entering tunnels, trenches, or
- String cables between structures and lines from poles, towers,
or trenches and pull lines to proper tension using jacks, hoist and
other equipment as necessary.
- Pull up cable by hand from large reels mounted on trucks.
- Lay underground cable directly in trenches or string it through
conduits running through trenches/manholes.
- Pull cable through ducts by hand or with winches.
- Dig trenches for underground wires or cables.
- Perform work in accordance with industry standards and RUS
- Read and follow design engineers' instructions and
specifications, maintain the scope of work on the project and
adhere to safety procedures.
- Prepare engineering field notes.
- Interpret buried underground and aerial telecom facilities in
records, on maps and in the field with clarity and detail and make
recommendations for changes in running line or construction
- Participate in engineering, permit and construction processes
- Recognize and repair route issues including but not limited to,
-hand hole cleanup, sign placement, and weed control.
- Fill and tamp holes, using cement, earth, and tamping devices.
IND 123QualificationsDo You Have:
- Ability to use a variety of construction equipment to complete
installations, such as digger derricks, bucket trucks, back hoes,
trenchers, or cable plows.
- 1 year of outside plant construction experience including the
installation, repair and maintenance of poles and buried or aerial
- Pole climbing certification.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, year-round.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and at heights.
- Ability to work an on-call schedule rotation as well as
days/nights/overnights/weekends/holidays/overtime, as needed.
- Valid driver's license and ability to pass DOT certification
- Minimum qualifications to obtain a CDL post-hire.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Exceptional time-management and attention to detail to complete
all paperwork accurately and on-time. Even Better:
- 5 or more years of construction experience.
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety Course and Buck Squeeze (Pole Climbing
- Proficient at operating various Construction Equipment. Our
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- Job Category: EngineeringLocations: US-Georgia-Blakely
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we
celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their
ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status,
current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other
status protected by law, and to give full consideration to
qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse
voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive
culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer,
pre-employment drug testing.
Keywords: Windstream, Albany , Construction-Line Worker (Blakley, GA), Professions , Blakely, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!