Company: Hiring Companies
Posted on: December 4, 2018
Location: US-GA-AlbanyJob ID: 2017-1486# of Openings: 2Category: ConstructionPhone Number: (757) 502-4101Phone Extension: 102Overview
SJS Executives is seeking an expeirenced construction manager (CM). Our ideal candidate will provide technical services and expertise related to all phases of construction on a variety of projects within the architect of record. The ideal candidate must have ability to review technical engineering specifications and drawings, prepare statements of work covering complex and diverse construction changes, monitor construction projects and implement effective controls to ensure a successful and timely completion.
- Coordinate mandatory post-award contract meetings such as: post-award kickoff meetings, preconstruction conferences, partnering meetings, design review meetings, weekly production meetings, final inspects, etc.
- Review schedules, environmental protection plans, quality control plans, accident prevention plans
- Coordinate review and approval of technical "Government-approved" submittals such as: shop drawings, product data, samples, design data, manufacturer's instructions, test plans/reports, certificates, operations and maintenance (O&M) data
- Manage Requests for Information (RFIs) and ensure timely responses
- Monitor project budget and time constraints, including relevant cost and schedule growth metrics
- Initiating appropriate corrective actions to ensure funding thresholds and impacts to operational needs are not exceeded
- Possess a keen understanding of schedules utilizing network analysis and the potential impact of modifications to the critical path
- Review construction progress at the site, daily production reports, and construction quality control (CQC) reports.
- Attend QC meetings involving critical work activities
- Take necessary action (including possibly recommending dismissal of QC Manager and/or other QC staff) to assure contractor's quality control program is in accordance with the contract requirements and that three phases of quality control are being utilized
- Provide technical solutions to unforeseen problems during construction. May include making recommendations to the official government liaison to approve field changes that have no change in scope based on technical knowledge and coordination with designer and contractor
- Assist the Integrated Product Team (IPT) Project Manager (PM) in management of Post Construction Award Services (PCAS)
- Coordinate delivery, acceptance, inspection and installation of Government furnished equipment, installation of collateral equipment and connection of phone, data, other communication systems and utility services
- Provide technical support during negotiations
- Identify the need (and reason code) for a modification to scope, cost and/or schedule based on collaboration with the contractor, Supported Command, designer and/or other entities
- Review Activity Hazard Analysis (AHAs) and ensure these are discussed by the prime contractor and their respective subcontractors prior to beginning each work activity or when a new work crew is to perform the work
- Review and recommend acceptance of Accident Prevention Plan
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of sketches and clarifying drawings
- Review and recommend approval of contractors' cost-loaded network analysis schedules
- Rreview and coordinate acceptance of Crane Critical Lift Plans along with crane operation qualifications and certificate of compliance
- Ensure contractor is conducting monthly site safety self-evaluations and submitting the information with the invoices
- Provide support to the ET in securing/coordinating outages
- Take appropriate, timely action to ensure contractor compliance of safety and health requirements, including recommended dismissal of key contractor staff due to non-performance or recurring violations
- Review, for technical accuracy, statements of work and requests for proposals or quotations
- Prepare property record inventory documents, DD1354 Transfer and Acceptance of Military Real Property, in accordance with NAVFAC Business Management System (BMS) and in coordination with IPT Project Managers and Installation Real Property Accountable Officer (RPAO)
- Report to the assessing official regarding contractor performance for evaluations in CCASS and the processing of awards for outstanding performance, if applicable
- Complete required items to effectively close out a contract including receipt and delivery of as-built drawings, O&M manuals and warranty documents to the Supported Command/facility manager or local Civil Engineering Squadron
- Provide effective and timely contractual correspondence
- Ensure official contractor correspondence and submittals are included in the contract file
- Provide support in responding to Congressional inquiries and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
- Communicating (orally and in writing) to obtain decisive action from all affected parties including the contractor, Supported Commands, and other Agencies.
- Keep supervisor advised as to the specific status of projects under his/her administrative and technical control
- Provide technical support for claims/disputes/terminations processing, negotiation and resolution
- Provide or populate certain contract information required in NAVFAC enterprise Information Technology (IT) systems, primarily eContract. This may include updates to the Notes field, listing the Actual Beneficial Occupancy Date (B.O.D.)
- Provide project status updates to senior personnel within NAVFAC and Supported Commands
- Serve as coach/trainer/mentor for members who have not attained the level of expertise and experience
- Actively engage as assigned on teams formed to improve processes in any area of Capital Improvements (CI) construction product line.
- Work with a team or in support of independent actions by process team leaders to improve CI processes.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4 year ABET or NAAB accredited college/university
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be able to gain base access
- U.S Citizen - Proof of citizenship is required
- 1 year experience managing multi-story facility with contract value exceeding $50 million
- 7 years experience as a CM, Construction Quality Control Manager (QCM), and/or Construction Superintendent
- Experience with critical path method (CPM) construction scheduling software packages
- Experience with safety and occupational health principles, practices, procedures, laws and regulations as they relate to construction
Keywords: Hiring Companies, Albany , Construction Manager, Professions , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!