Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Supervisor
Company: Exelon Corporation
Posted on: February 6, 2019
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
* Position reports to Operations Manager
* Manage up to 10 direct reports, with supervisory responsibilities for represented craft
* Provide direction of plant operations to avoid impacts on safety, reliability and environmental compliant operation of the plant
* Direction of plant operations complying with Federal and State regulations and Contract Terms which directly impacts the company liability and public image and ultimately can affect the cost of product
* Direction and approval of operational or design changes affecting the reliability, performance, and safety of personnel and/or equipment
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
* The Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Supervisor is responsible for safe, reliable, and compliant operation of the facility.
* Evaluates and manages plant performance and initiates improvement affecting reliability, availability and efficiency. Operates the plant in a manner that minimizes the cost of generation and maximizes profitability while maintaining the long-term viability of the station assets.
* The O&M Supervisor is responsible for daily supervision, monitoring and coaching of employees to ensure a productive workforce in compliance with company policies. Responsibilities include work planning, Corrective Action Program, training, resource scheduling, inspections, and initiating requisitions for procurement of materials and equipment vendors and services from contractors.
* Responsibilities include calibration and storage of instrument test and measuring equipment and ensuring personnel are knowledgeable of and in compliance with applicable Contracts, Standards and Procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Direct, plan and coordinate the day-to-day activities of operating personnel to meet the needs of the Plant electric, steam and gas demands including efficient utilization of fuel, interaction of the two systems
* Responsible for the organization and direction of all maintenance work including O&M Techs and contracted resources. Communicate with the Plant Manager on a routine basis to ensure high standards are maintained and work is scheduled with minimized impact to plant operations
* Manage employees, including personnel development, performance management, in accordance with the CBA, if applicable in collaboration with HR and Labor Relations representatives. Administer company and station policies/procedures.
* Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements and maintain
* environmental stewardship.
* Establish and evaluate trends, goals and performance indicators, communicate goals and take appropriate actions based on trends.
* Communicate with other internal and external departments to resolve plant issues, achieve goals and maximize use of resources.
* Ensure the development and implementation of daily and weekly schedules.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Associates Degree and/or minimum 5 years experience in Power Plant setting
* H.S. Diploma with minimum 8 years experience in a Power Plant setting
* Demonstrated technical knowledge of industrial ops
* Knowledge of State, Federal and Local government regulations as they apply to Power Plant Operations
* Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of complex projects with conflicting priorities
* Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills at all organizational levels
* Demonstrated leadership ability of high performance work teams
* Demonstrated ability to manage costs
* Demonstrated PC skills including knowledge and proficiency in MS Office Suite products
* FLS Assessmenet
* Multi-site experience
* Staff Maintenance OR Operations OR Engineering experience
* Multi-departmental experience
* Previous experience leading an operations team
* Collective bargaining experience
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Keywords: Exelon Corporation, Albany , Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Supervisor, Professions , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!