Engineering Technician - Construction
Company: Hiring Companies
Posted on: March 12, 2019
Location: US-GA-AlbanyJob ID: 2017-1590# of Openings: 5Category: ConstructionPhone Number: (757) 502-4101Phone Extension: 112Overview
SJS Executives is searching for a engineering technician. Our ideal candidate will have extensive technical and practical knowledge, and experience as an Engineering Technician. The candidate will also have a sound understanding of engineering concepts, principles and practices applicable to civil, mechanical, electrical, and/or environmental engineering concerned with the design, layout, and supervision of construction operations.
- Maintaining extensive, daily contact with key contractor representatives to promote an atmosphere of partnering and cooperation and to quickly resolve problems and maintain construction schedule
- Coordinating logistics for all phases of construction: temporary utility and communication hook-ups, lay-down and storage areas, utility outages and road closures, excavation, hot work, burn and other construction-related permits
- Acting as main point of contact for daily Supported Command interface/coordination in the field
- Assisting with coordination of warranty work, investigations of potential latent defects
- Coordinating facility system training for owner/occupants/PW shops personnel
- For both design-bid-build and design-build projects, reviewing pre-final contract drawings and specifications (including technical RFPs) and performing on-site visits to review constructability and compatibility with actual field conditions. During design development and constructability review, provide technical knowledge of local conditions including availability of construction materials and skilled labor. For problems found, make solution recommendations for designer consideration.
- Attending and assisting with issues discussed during the post-award kickoff meeting (as applicable) and pre-construction conference, as well as all other mandatory meetings
- Supporting the review/approval of all government approved technical and administrative submittals
- Investigating engineering problems that may arise on construction contracts, such as unforeseen conditions, contractor requests for information (RFIs), and dimension conflicts. Make recommendations for solutions to the Construction Manager.
- Supporting necessary scheduling meetings and reviews; review the critical activities to ensure the work on the construction contract remains focused on completion in the most reasonable time.
- Reviewing contractor invoices for accuracy against actual work-in-place. Recommend approval/disapproval/partial payment to Construction Manger
- Assuring environmental compliance by contractor and coordinate EPA jobsite visits when required
- Reviewing and verifying the accuracy of as-built drawings on at least a monthly basis
- Supporting the processing of claims/disputes/protests/termination actions as required
- Supporting the commissioning and NAVFAC Red Zone processes.
- Participating, as requested, in FEC-sponsored Construction Assist Visits (CAV's)
- Ensure safety information, labor law information and all other required administrative information is properly posted at the jobsite
- Support preparation of contractor performance evaluation in CPARS
- When requested, provide and update necessary data for corporate reporting systems such as ieFACMAN (interoperable enterprise Facilities Management system). Use information technology (IT) tools effectively in performance of duties as set forth in applicable BMS sections
- In conjunction with the CM, review all safety plans, and ensure these are discussed by the prime contractor and their respective subcontractors prior to beginning each work activity, including Crane Critical Lift Plans, must be familiar with crane safety requirements and NAVFAC P-307
- Taking appropriate, timely action to ensure contractor compliance of safety and health requirements, including leading safety stand-downs as required and recommending dismissal of key contractor staff due to non-performance or recurring violations
- Coordinate OSHA jobsite visits
- Provide overall coordination of the construction quality management program for assigned projects. Maintain working knowledge of the requirements set forth in NAVFAC BMS as it pertains to Construction Quality Management.
- Coordinate support to review and witness successful testing and commissioning/certification of critical systems (mechanical, electrical, fire and life safety/fire protection systems, roofing systems, and underwater structures).
- Ensure contractor certifies as required boilers and other pressure vessels, vertical transport systems, and crane systems
- Attend/witness selected tests and review all applicable test reports and results
- Ability to review technical engineering specifications and statements of work covering complex and diverse engineering designs or changes
- Ability to write and speak to report on progress and outcome of technical assignments and to present recommendations
- Knowledge of Primavera SureTrak scheduling software and/or other construction scheduling software packages
- Knowledge of safety and occupational health principles, practices, procedures, laws and regulations as they relate to engineering performance requirements
- U.S Citizen - proof of Citizenship requried
- Valid State Driver's License
- Ability to gain base access
- Must drive Personally Operated Vehicle (POV) between construction sites
Keywords: Hiring Companies, Albany , Engineering Technician - Construction, Professions , Albany, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!